Unexpectedly OUT for a day? I’ve got the universal sub-plan for you!
If you’re a subscriber to Upfront Magazine, this will be especially beneficial, but honestly, the linked handout can align with virtually ANY current events magazine you provide for your kids!
- Class set/Consumable set of semi-recent Upfront Magazine edition (or other)
- Individual copies of the Core Ideas handout
EMERGENCY LESSON PLAN:
- Distribute the __ edition of Upfront (or other) Magazine
- Distribute the Core Ideas handout
- Ask students to first survey ALL articles in the magazine before choosing ONE to focus on for the assignment.
- Students must select ONE article from the magazine and complete the corresponding questions contained in the Core Ideas handout.
- Have students create a FactFinder Flashcard using the Summary format
- Have students Journal about the topic by voicing their thoughts in response to what they read
- Have students formulate an overall opinion about the issue, then complete an Opinion-Proof argument in response
- Picture Notes it!