Cambridge International Examinations/AICE Program
As a teacher, I’ve gained the knowledge and experience to impact the academic lives of my own students, but as a Cambridge “Best Practices” Workshop Facilitator, I’ve had the unique opportunity to impact the lives of many other classrooms across North America. From my own great state of Florida, up through Tennessee, and across the U.S. border into Canada, I’ve gratefully networked with over 200 educators and administrators. Together, we’ve pondered the uncertain corners of the curriculum and shared innovative ways to meet the challenges that global writing brings to our high school students.
Here are the Cambridge “Best Practices” Workshops I’ve had the distinct honor and privilege to facilitate…
- June 15, 2015 @ Colonial High School–Orlando, Florida
- June 16-17, 2014 @ Colonial High School–Orlando, Florida
- Dec. 9-10, 2013 @ Rockledge High School–Rockledge, Florida
- June 10th, 2013 @ Colonial High School–Orlando, Florida
- Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ Treasure Coast High School–Port St. Lucie, Florida
- June 24th, 2012 @ Spanish River High School–Boca Raton, Florida
This fall, I will begin the distinguished, accreditation process to become a teacher trainer for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Looking forward to deepening my practice as a workshop facilitator!
In addition to statewide ‘Best Practices,’ I’ve had the chance to lead several local ‘Roundtable’ events, where teachers from the School District of Palm Beach County get together to share best practices and ideas.
Here are the PBCSD “Roundtable” events I’ve had the distinct honor and privilege to facilitate…
- February 15, 2015, @ Park Vista High School
- November 16, 2015, @ Park Vista High School
- April 30, 2014, @FHESC
- March 24, 2014 @ Boca Raton Community High School
- November 4, 2014 @ William T. Dwyer High School
College Board/AP Capstone Program
And now that I’ve found my footing in the AP Capstone program, I’ve secured a spot at this year’s Advanced Placement Annual Conference (APAC) in Anaheim, California where I’ll be co-leading a ‘Best Practices’ break-out session for AP Seminar. Hopefully there will be more of this to come in the future!
Here are the AP workshop events I’ve had the distinct honor and privilege to facilitate…
- July 16, 2016 @ the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California
An extra special thank you to those of you who have attended the above workshops in the past and to those who continue to offer your support and collaboration in the present. It’s a pleasure getting to know such a wonderful community of teachers! I look forward to collaborating with you at future trainings!
Jill Pavich, NBCT